Without a sound preparation strategy for Railway exams, it will be monumentally difficult for candidates to pass the exams conducted by RRB as these are one of the most competitive exams in the country. Not only should you make an appropriate preparation strategy, but you should also bring about a few changes to your lifestyle and studying mechanisms if you are to find success in this tough examination.
The RRB exams are the most sought after exams in the government sector conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. Aspirants across the country who wish to enter the railway sector for a secured future look forward to a job opportunity in the Railway Board.
The RRB conducts examinations for the following posts-
- RRB NTPC (Non-Technical & Popular Category)
- RRB ALP (Assistant Loco Pilot)
- RRB JE (Junior Engineer)
- RRB Group D
As per the announcement made by the Railway Board in 2020, the Railway Group D exam is supposed to start in April 2021. Applicants of the examination can check the details regarding RRB Group D exam date on the linked page. There has been no further recruitment notices for other Railway exams mentioned above.
The recruitment of Railway exams comprises various phases. Candidates are required to qualify the online examination and the final selection is done based on the marks scored by them. Hence, the selection in the Railway Examination is quite difficult.
To make this a cake walk for you we have come up with the following important traits that you must have as a candidate in order to outshine the competition of RRB examination.
Traits that will help you Ace the RRB Examinations
- Time Management – Learning to manage the pace adequately during the preparation as well as in the examination hall is imperative so that ample time to work on each part of the exam is left at hand. Effective time management can help ensure that you complete the whole Syllabus in time and do well in the exams. Hence, Start your exam preparation by making a timetable that suits your routine and devote adequate time to each topic.
- Say Bye to Procrastination – Time is valuable and generally scarce when it comes to preparing for a competitive exam. Also, remember that time once lost cannot be retrieved. Hence, it is important that you chart out a study plan and follow it religiously. Do not procrastinate and avoid putting things off.
- Make General Awareness or current affairs your friend – Not just Railway exams but any other competitive exam mostly have general awareness as an important part of their syllabus. So you be friends with it. Religiously follow a daily news affair, catch hold of domestic and international affairs or that news which is relevant from exams perspective and start making notes out of it.
- Speed up – It is essential to work on improving your speed of answering. In objective type papers, you must work on your speed of reading questions, knowing short-cuts, eliminating wrong answers and avoiding negative marks (if there is negative marking). In Railway exams you must improve on speed to cover the maximum number of questions with maximum accuracy in the minimum time.
- Boost Your Concentration Skills – Improved concentration means you can increase your study efficiency. You would be able to understand and internalise more concepts in less time if you are steadfastly focusing on your work. If your mind and body both are in a tired state, you cannot study properly. You need a calm mind to concentrate, so, have adequate sleep, avoid sitting amid distractions, you don’t have to push yourself to study something if you are interested in it and lastly, meditation is the most powerful tool to improve concentration.
- Judicious use of the Internet – The easy availability and access to information at a touch is a valuable asset for every exam aspirant. The judicious use of the internet can help most of the aspirants to have access to the most useful information for the exam. With the help of the internet, you can take help of experts and toppers which helped them to clear the exam, also it can help you with fetching notes from different sources of information. You can also get help from the government and other important websites to gather information. Thus, the internet can be the right platform to complement your preparation if used wisely.
- Commitment is the Key – determination plays a key role in reaching your goal. The candidates during the preparation face a barrage of challenges that will test the faith they have in themselves. Some give up after spending years on account of pressure from near and dear ones, but the ones who are determined and are those who succeed and they owe it all to their willpower.
Down the lane, it is important to keep a positive mind. Being negative will hamper your performance in the exam while if you are positive, your mind will have clarity and confidence and you will be able to crack the exam in one go.
Aspirants of various railway exams can check out the details regarding RRB Admit Card on the given page.